Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Calamine & Calendula

Ahhh, the one thing I don't like about summer? Bug bites! The mosquitos have been killing us over here.

Soooo... I did what I love to do best! I made soap! lol I did a hot process soap (so I could use it sooner basically) and made it with aloe vera to be soothing. I added calamine powder, calendula petals, and tea tree, lavender and chamomile essential oils. Yum! There isn't too much scent to this soap ... I added the essential oils in a lower dose, so as to impart some of their healing benefits, and not irritate the skin.

I've been using this soap on just the areas where I have bug bites. It feels really nice in the shower!

This is soap tho, and it washes off. For lasting itch relief, I still use a calamine lotion afterwards. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment