Sunday, April 11, 2010

Don't be afraid

I need to remind myself not to be afraid. I really fear change. I fear failure. I'm the one who won't try something new, because of those fears. It's why I still do the job I do.. among other things.

I'm afraid, when things seem to be going well... that I'll screw it up and ruin it. I want to have a successful business. I want to grow it.. I want to improve my life! It scares me though. How will I do it? What if I make the wrong choices and I fail?

I need to be strong, plow ahead and try not to let my fears, keep me from even trying. How can I make the changes I dream about, if I don't try?!

Please say things like, if at first you don't succeed, try again! And don't let fear of failure keep you from your dreams... it's all easier said than done, if you ask me.

I'm going to do my best... and remember this feeling I have right now. Afraid, yes... but determined. Change is scary, but it can be good too. Failure sucks, but how will I feel, 10.. 20 years from now, if I never even tried... more of a failure than if I had.

So smile girl. Keep at it! Nothing will get accomplished without some hard work, but just think what you'll have to show for it! Something to be proud of, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. i share with you a fragment of something that Jim Rohn wrote. It Helps me a lot everytime i need it. Be brave!
    "The best definition for “resolve” I’ve ever heard came from a schoolgirl in Foster City, California. As is my custom, I was lecturing about success to a group of bright kids at a junior high school. I asked, “Who can tell me what ‘resolve’ means?” Several hands went up, and I did get some pretty good definitions. But the last was the best. A shy girl from the back of the room got up and said with quiet intensity, “I think resolve means promising yourself you will never give up.” That’s it! That’s the best definition I’ve ever heard: PROMISE YOURSELF YOU’LL NEVER GIVE UP.

    Think about it! How long should a baby try to learn how to walk? How long would you give the average baby before you say, “That’s it, you’ve had your chance”? You say that’s crazy? Of course it is. Any mother would say, “My baby is going to keep trying until he learns how to walk!” No wonder everyone walks.

    There is a vital lesson in this. Ask yourself, “How long am I going to work to make my dreams come true?” I suggest you answer, “As long as it takes.”

    ReplyDelete