Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Facial Soap

So I've been wanting to make a facial soap for a while. I tried a while back making one with added calamine, and calendula petals. I need to try it again, now that it's cured well, but it didn't turn out how I wanted.

So I did some more research on essential oils, and different clays, and so on. I made a new facial soap last night with added, French Green Clay, and essential oils of lavender, tea tree, and camomile. It's only 1 day old, but I tested a teeny piece and it lathers nicely, and doesn't feel too drying either.

I'm going to try one with charcoal, and another calamine too.

I love the mini 1 pound soap mold I got! It's perfect for making small batches, which is what I always do, but perfect for testing too! I don't feel like I really wasted too much if things don't go as planned! lol

Pics later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment